- Download and install the Thesycon USB Driver for Windows
– USB Driver
– USB Driver Installation Guide
- Connect the standard USB cable from PC USB port to the DAC USB input
- Plug in the Power Cord to the DAC, turn on the power. The DAC Standby LED should light up
- Press the Power Button once, the DAC shall turn on. Select USB input. The USB input LED should light up.
- Check the Denafrips USB Audio Device Control Panel, Denafrips DAC should be detected as “USB HiRes Audio”
- DAC Info and ASIO Buffer Size setting. You may set the ASIO Buffer Size to increase/reduce the latency. It depends very much on the computer processing power. The higher the processing power, the lower buffer size you can set.
We recommend using Roon/JRiver for Windows OS. You may use other software to playback music, the key point is to configure the software to use the Denafrips USB DAC in ‘Exclusive Mode’ so that it bypasses the Windows OS Sound Mixer settings. To setup other software, follow similar steps.
JRIVER Basic Setup
- Launch JRiver app. Go to ‘Tools’->’Options’
- Select “Vinshine Denafrips USB DAC [ASIO]” in Audio Device settings
- Enable Bitstreaming: DSD. This setting allow JRiver to play DSD files with Denafrips USB DAC via ASIO Driver.
- Audio Device Setting of the Denafrips ASIO USB DAC
- It’s done. Play some music and enjoy!